Quinoa Salad Packed with Heart-Loving Ingredients
NutriDelicians, let’s dive into a dish that not only tantalizes your taste buds but also supports your heart health journey. I’m excited to introduce you to Heart-Healthy Quinoa Salad Recipe with Roasted Vegetables and Feta.
In a world where fast-paced lives often compromise our dietary choices, this hearty and wholesome salad stands as a testament to the power of delicious nourishment. Packed with heart-loving ingredients, this dish is a celebration of flavor and well-being.
Heart-Healthy Quinoa Salad Recipes with Delight Taste
- 1 cup Quinoa Rinsed and Drained
- 2 cups Mixed Vegetables (bell peppers, zucchini, red onion) Chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- ½ cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley Chopped
- Lemon Wedges for Serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a mixing bowl, toss the chopped vegetables with olive oil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the seasoned vegetables evenly on a baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are tender and slightly caramelized.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Fluff it with a fork and let it cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa and roasted vegetables.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese and chopped parsley to the bowl. Gently toss the ingredients to combine.
- Serve the quinoa salad in individual bowls, garnished with extra feta cheese and fresh parsley.
- Squeeze lemon wedges over the salad just before serving to add a zesty kick.
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat12 g16.67%
- Total Carbohydrate36 g13.09%
- Dietary Fiber5 g17.86%
- Protein10 g20%
Heart-Healthy Quinoa Salad Recipe Benefits
The heart-loving ingredients in this Quinoa Salad recipe with Roasted Vegetables and Feta work together to support cardiovascular health. The high fiber content of quinoa aids in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels, while the colorful mix of vegetables provides essential vitamins and antioxidants.
The monounsaturated fats in olive oil and the creamy feta cheese contribute to heart protection. With this nutrient-packed dish, you’re nourishing your heart and body with every bite.
This heart-healthy quinoa salad recipe is suitable for a variety of occasions, from family weeknight dinners to potluck gatherings with friends. Its vibrant presentation and balanced flavors make it an appealing option for picnics, lunches, and even as a show-stopping side dish at your next dinner party.
This heart-healthy quinoa salad recipe is especially beneficial for individuals aiming to support heart health. The heart-protective properties of its ingredients, including quinoa, vegetables, and olive oil, are well-known.. Incorporating this salad into your diet can be particularly helpful if you’re looking to improve your cardiovascular well-being.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is quinoa salad made of?
In a large bowl, combine quinoa, spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, and green onions. Drizzle salad with dressing and gently stir until salad is coated with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
Can I eat quinoa salad cold?
You can eat quinoa salad hot or cold, on its own or as a side dish. Here are some variations you may want to try: Add additional seasonings to vary the flavor, such as basil, oregano, garlic and other savory flavoring agents. Cooked quinoa can be used like rice in recipes for casseroles, pilafs, and risotto-like dishes.
Does quinoa salad have a lot of calories?
This is one of our favorite quick and easy side dishes for the summertime. Here’s why we love it: Low Calorie & Filling: This salad is just about 290 calories for a cup.
Is quinoa healthier than rice?
Quinoa is rich in both fiber and protein, contains a much higher amount of other nutrients, and has a similar fluffy texture to the rice. A cup of quinoa contains twice more protein and about 5 g more fiber than white rice. Quinoa contains fewer calories and carbohydrates than white rice.
Before we part ways, don’t miss out on the chance to enhance your culinary journey. By subscribing to our NutriDelicious series, you’ll gain access to a curated collection of menus designed to cater to specific health targets. Transform your weekly dietary routine into a joyful exploration of taste and well-being.